134Re: wildfire in Toro Park

    Aug 13, 2005
      Update: Looks like the fire was started by a teenager who got a little
      too curious with some matches or something.

      The fire was actually over on Fort Ord, across from the Regional Park
      (called Toro Regional Park), but behind the housing development by the
      same name (kind of confusing). From the photos I saw, it looked like
      the fire started near the Portola Drive parking area. Just A Short
      Walk's "Green Acres", looked to be in the middle of the blaze that
      swept up the hill. I have one at the top of the hill (Yale's Yegg Box
      Cache), but it looks like the quick responding CDF was able to stop the
      blaze before it reached that far. 50 acres of mostly grass and brush
      were burned from the sounds of it.

      - Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Susie" <susie@s...> wrote:
      > There is a wildfire raging in Toro Park right now. How many caches
      will become uncovered
      > and/or damaged?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic