132Re: [CCGC] wildfire in Toro Park

  • Susie
    Aug 12, 2005
      A voice from the past. Hey Ed! Good to "hear" from you.

      I found a cache last week out in Antioch that had been surprising spared by a recent grass
      fire. I think the only thing that saved it was that it was on a rocky platform rather than
      directly on the shrubby ground. There were rocks on top (a cairn/duck) to hide it, but I'm
      really surprised that the fire crew didn't come upon it. The container was one of those 10
      inch metal cookie tins, which isn't exactly waterproof, but everything was dry and it wasn't
      even smoke damaged. Go figure.

      It was a little creepy crossing the blackened ground to reach the cache location. On the
      way back we CITO'd a pocket calculator that was melted and burned.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic