[ccd-newastro] Re: M51 (C11, ST-8E,CFW-8,AO-7)

  • Roth Ritter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
      >Roth,
      >
      >That's beautiful! Smooth with lot's of detail.
      >How did you handle the core so well?
      >
      >Randy Nulman
      >
      >--- In ccd-newastro@y..., Roth Ritter <rritter2@b...> wrote:
      >> For anyone interested (yes, M51 has been imaged to death, but was
      >looking for
      >> personal improvement over last year's):
      >>

      >http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/atl/r/r/rritter2/website/astroimages
      >/galaxies/galaxy_m51.html
      > > --

      Thanks Randy. The core was largely handled in MaxIm using DDP with a
      FFT low pass hardness of about 30. I found the kernel low pass a little
      too grainy for this particular image.

      --

      Roth Ritter
      Astrophography: http://www.rothritter.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
        Very beautiful. Exceptional color and detail!

        Ron Wodaski
        author of The New CCD Astronomy
        http://www.newastro.com

      • Stargazer275@cs.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
          rritter2@... writes:

          > For anyone interested (yes, M51 has been imaged to death, but was looking for
          > personal improvement over last year's):

          > http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/atl/r/r/rritter2/website/astroimages/galaxies/galaxy_m51.html
          > --
          >
          > Roth Ritter