New pic NGC5139

  • Paul Luckas
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2002
      Warning - 250k file. But a nice shot (if I do say so myself ;-)

      http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/ccd_images/Globulars/NGC5139_2x2_colour.gif

      Comments welcome.

      Paul, Perth Western Australia

    • ksbtk@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
        Good Morning Paul:

        The image is rather small on my monitor but from what I can see, this looks
        to be a beautiful image. Can you tell us more about the equipment and
        techniques used to produce the image.

        Clear skies,
        Kevin Dixon
        ksbtk@...

        From: "Paul Luckas" <luckas@...>

        > Warning - 250k file. But a nice shot (if I do say so myself ;-)

        http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/ccd_images/Globulars
        /NGC5139_2x2_colour.gif

        > Comments welcome.
      • Rob MacKay
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
          Nice image - but how is such a small image 250K?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
            It's a GIF file, not JPG. GIF doesn't compress nearly as well as JPG will.

            Ron Wodaski
            author of The New CCD Astronomy
            http://www.newastro.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
              love to take a peek but link does not work.

              KB

              --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Paul Luckas" <luckas@o...> wrote:
              > Warning - 250k file. But a nice shot (if I do say so myself ;-)

              http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/ccd_images/Gl
              obulars/NGC5139_2x2_colour.gif

              > Comments welcome.
              >
              > Paul, Perth Western Australia

            • dwyman
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2002
                kevinbm13 wrote:

                > love to take a peek but link does not work.
                >
                > KB
                >
                > --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Paul Luckas" <luckas@o...> wrote:
                > > Warning - 250k file. But a nice shot (if I do say so myself ;-)
                > >

                > http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/ccd_images/Gl
                > obulars/NGC5139_2x2_colour.gif
                > >
                > > Comments welcome.
                > >
                > > Paul, Perth Western Australia

                Same here, just get that funny 'no picture' icon.

                Don Wyman
              • Paul Luckas
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
                  Kevin and all,

                  Apologies.

                  The details can be found at the previous page:

                  http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/globular.htm

                  Home page:

                  http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/astro.htm

                  Re: image size. This is the default Bin 2x2 size for my ST237-A. I'm loathe
                  to try and enlarge it (for fear of losing quality), and the seeing wasn't
                  good enough for Bin 1x1 (feel free to make suggestions). All I've used is
                  CCDSoft to process. Still, on my monitor I'm getting a fairly decent size.
                  The thumbnail on the previous page is much smaller of course - I hope this
                  isn't the one that everyone has been looking at.

                  Regards,

                  Paul
                  > The image is rather small on my monitor but from what I can see, this
                  looks
                  > to be a beautiful image. Can you tell us more about the equipment and
                  > techniques used to produce the image.
                  >
                  > Clear skies,
                  > Kevin Dixon
                  > ksbtk@...
                  >

                  > From: "Paul Luckas" <luckas@...>
                  >

                  > > Warning - 250k file. But a nice shot (if I do say so myself ;-)

                  http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luckas/astrophotography/ccd_images/Globulars
                  > /NGC5139_2x2_colour.gif
                  > >
                  > > Comments welcome.

                • Paul Luckas
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2002
                    Don / Kevin,

                    I think you'll find the link has split onto two separate lines. Try copying
                    and pasting the whole link, or start at my home page and work down: