RE: [ccd-newastro] Re: PCFocus/Focusaide

  • Greg Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
      Thanks for the information everybody. I'll definitely go the PCFocus
      group and check out the archives. And it is good to hear from you as
      well, Bruce, and that your unit is working well. I've downloaded the
      user manuals and it all looks simple enough. If anyone is interested, I
      can post my experiences here if I decide to take the plunge.

      Greg

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2002
        Hi Greg,

        Suggestion: post your experiences and questions to the PCFocus-
        FocusAide group.

        BTW, You can download a trial version of the software as well the
        latest user's manual from http://www.aquest-inc.com Since you would
        be using this with a JMI focuser you couldn't try it all without the
        PCFocus box but you could get a good sense of the software's
        capabilities.

        Al

        --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Greg Edwards" <gdedwards@n...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the information everybody. I'll definitely go the PCFocus
        > group and check out the archives. And it is good to hear from you as
        > well, Bruce, and that your unit is working well. I've downloaded the
        > user manuals and it all looks simple enough. If anyone is
        interested, I
        > can post my experiences here if I decide to take the plunge.
        >
        > Greg

      • Jan Barker
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2002
          I also have an NGFS with DRO but as I read the info from Aquest site a
          Meade 416XT camera does not appear to be supported ?? Does any one have
          anything to add
          Jan

          bjohns7764@... wrote:

          > Greg,
          >
          > Like you, I have an NGF-S with DRO and I got PCFocus and FocusAide.
          > For me,
          > it works like a charm. The accuracy for focus is dead on, and it's
          > very easy
          > to use. I like the idea of first, not having to buy a multi-hundred
          > dollar
          > software pacakge in order to do focussing, to go with the interface
          > box, and
          > I also like the idea of being able to manually focuus with the focus
          > knob to
          > get close, without the mechanics of the belt that's used with
          > RoboFocus.
          >
          > For what it's worth.
          >

          > Bruce Johnston
          >
          > <http://members.aol.com/ccdastro>
          >

          > In a message dated 4/29/02 7:26:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > gdedwards@... writes:
          >

          > > Does anyone have any experience with the PCFocus and FocusAide from
          > > Adirondack? I already have the JMI NGFS with DRO on my C9.25, and am
          >
          > > always looking for a way to make focusing a little easier. Any
          > > advice would be welcome.

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          [Image]