Re: [ccd-newastro] Const. Cygnus 44 panel mosaic in Ha

  • Andrew Hood
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
      There are various programs specifically written to automate the mosaic process. The first three that come to mind:
      AutoPano (www.kolor.com). If you don't mind spending the money. I have the Giga version which should have no problem with 44 panels.
      Hugin (hugin.sourceforge.net).
      Microsoft ICE. (research.microsoft.com/ivm/ice/)

      Andrew
      On 07/10/2013 6:04 PM, Leonard Ellul-Mercer wrote:
      Thank you, Bernard

      Here is a good tutorial by Robert Gendler

      However photoshop has an application for mosaics which works automatically and saves time. But in my case, as it involved too many
      panels, the automated method did not work well, so all had to be done with Bob's method.

      Best regards,

      Leonard.

      On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

      Leonard,

      Very impressive work. I can imagine the effort this ne took. Well done. BTW. Do you know a good link to a tutorial on how to do mosaics?

      Thanks,

      Bernard

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
        Impressive amount of work involved in that image. I underestimated the computing power and time involved in assembling an 8 frame mosaic of the Orion area.

        Thanks for sharing...

        Eric

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

        > Leonard,
        >

        > Very impressive work. I can imagine the effort this ne took. Well done. BTW. Do you know a good link to a tutorial on how to do mosaics?
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Bernard

      • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
          Thank you, John

          Much appreciated!

          Leonard.

          On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM, redmondjohn48 <jredmond17@...> wrote:

          I'm at a loss for words Leonard. Stunning and beautiful. Thank you for it.

          John