Re: Mounts

  • George
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 21, 2013
      I had a G11. Never could get the gears to mesh consistently!

      Get an astro-physics. It'll last you a lifetime and you'll never regret it. Quality of service is exceptional. You have a problem? The engineers there will walk you through debugging on the phone.

      George

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "davidfenster@..." <davidfenster@...> wrote:

      > I know this has probably been hashed out before. But here goes. I have been using an LX200 on a wedge tracking with an SBIG STi with a STF-8300M as my imager. I would like to upgrade my mount and have been looking at the Losmandy G11 (probably don't need goto since I only point at one or two things a night). What are the groups thoughts on this mount? Any other recommendations on mounts in this price range (3 thousand ish)?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dave

    • lmbuck2000
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 23, 2013
        i think mike's comment on the ap600 and ap900 was a partial typo.. AP1600 was likely what he intended (and the AP900 is now replaced by the AP1100)

        pricey mounts, but i wouldn't go with any other mount based on my experiences with an AP1200 and AP900.

        Lee