Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Mounts

  • Neil Fleming
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 20, 2013
      David, what's the scope you're using?  What's it's weight?  A used TAK EM-200 (35 lbs capacity) or better yet, an NJP (70 lbs), might be a good choice.

         ...Neil

      www.flemingastrophotography.com
      Also check out the astro_narrowbandYahoo group!

      >________________________________

      close, then a brief plate-solve makes it exact.  CCD Commander (and, I assume, CCD AutoPilot) provides for an automatic plate-solve after the flip.  The Mach1 is non-critical for east-west balance.  As long as the gear-mesh is good, close is good enough.  I still have my G11, which I use for outreach star parties.

      >--- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "davidfenster@..." <davidfenster@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I know this has probably been hashed out before.  But here goes.  I have been using an LX200 on a wedge tracking with an SBIG STi with a STF-8300M as my imager.  I would like to upgrade my mount and have been looking at the Losmandy G11 (probably don't need goto since I only point at one or two things a night).  What are the groups thoughts on this mount?  Any other recommendations on mounts in this price range  (3 thousand ish)?
      >>
      >> Thanks,
      >>
      >> Dave

    • lmbuck2000
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 23, 2013
        i think mike's comment on the ap600 and ap900 was a partial typo.. AP1600 was likely what he intended (and the AP900 is now replaced by the AP1100)

        pricey mounts, but i wouldn't go with any other mount based on my experiences with an AP1200 and AP900.

        Lee