Re: M106

  • waddington50
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26 10:11 PM
      Thanks for the comments and encouragement on this one guys. I did take Bernard's suggestion and was able to bring out a bit more detail in the dim arms. Time to move on to the next target... :-)

      Cheers,

      Bruce

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" <stan_ccd@...> wrote:

      > --- "waddington50" <bw_msg01@> wrote:
      > > http://www.oc-aisig.org/zenphoto/albums/Astronomy-Images/m106_lrgb_6.jpg
      >
      > Top notch!
      > That's about as good as is possible with 12" aperture.
      >
      > Stan

    • Fabio Acquarone
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 15, 2014

        Hi,
         I had a session on Saturday shooting M106.  Moon at 53% was disturbing a lot and i struggled to have a good result on the background sky, flat was almost covering issues at 50%.
        Anyway cropping a little , defects are les visible, but i found on the image a zone , upper right corner, which it puzzling me. It seems that something is displayed but i do not undertsand what it is.
        Here is the image http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/13070025874/lightbox/

        Here is the image with some label on the displayed objects, not all are labelled.
         http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/13069654235/

        And here is a crop of the "incriminated" area, that i put on the Files-->Fabio folder.
        Can someone help to understand ? Is it a reflection ?

        Image was taken with:
        FLT 110 F7 on GM11
        SXVF-M25C + LP2 + flattener
        Lodestar as guider

        Thanks
        Fabio

        FabioH2O_3Piccolo

        http://www.flickr.com/people/fabioh2o/

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/collections/72157631874618638/  (Astronomy)

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 15, 2014
          BTW: would be interesting to see the raw FITS stack; that image has been smoothed quite a bit (noise reduction).

          Also, the links I sent previously indicate that stuff in that area is mag 21-22, so that's some very dim stuff; probably why there's not much available about it in NED.

          Ron Wodaski

          On Mar 15, 2014, at 5:17 AM, Fabio Acquarone <fabio_acquarone@...> wrote:

[...]

          <image001.jpg>