Re: M106

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
      --- "waddington50" <bw_msg01@...> wrote:
      > http://www.oc-aisig.org/zenphoto/albums/Astronomy-Images/m106_lrgb_6.jpg

      Top notch!
      That's about as good as is possible with 12" aperture.

      Stan
    • waddington50
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 26, 2013
        Thanks for the comments and encouragement on this one guys. I did take Bernard's suggestion and was able to bring out a bit more detail in the dim arms. Time to move on to the next target... :-)

        Cheers,

        Bruce

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" <stan_ccd@...> wrote:

        > --- "waddington50" <bw_msg01@> wrote:
        > > http://www.oc-aisig.org/zenphoto/albums/Astronomy-Images/m106_lrgb_6.jpg
        >
        > Top notch!
        > That's about as good as is possible with 12" aperture.
        >
        > Stan

      • Fabio Acquarone
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 15, 2014

          Hi,
           I had a session on Saturday shooting M106.  Moon at 53% was disturbing a lot and i struggled to have a good result on the background sky, flat was almost covering issues at 50%.
          Anyway cropping a little , defects are les visible, but i found on the image a zone , upper right corner, which it puzzling me. It seems that something is displayed but i do not undertsand what it is.
          Here is the image http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/13070025874/lightbox/

          Here is the image with some label on the displayed objects, not all are labelled.
           http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/13069654235/

          And here is a crop of the "incriminated" area, that i put on the Files-->Fabio folder.
          Can someone help to understand ? Is it a reflection ?

          Image was taken with:
          FLT 110 F7 on GM11
          SXVF-M25C + LP2 + flattener
          Lodestar as guider

          Thanks
          Fabio

          FabioH2O_3Piccolo

          http://www.flickr.com/people/fabioh2o/

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabioh2o/collections/72157631874618638/  (Astronomy)

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 15, 2014
            BTW: would be interesting to see the raw FITS stack; that image has been smoothed quite a bit (noise reduction).

            Also, the links I sent previously indicate that stuff in that area is mag 21-22, so that's some very dim stuff; probably why there's not much available about it in NED.

            Ron Wodaski

            On Mar 15, 2014, at 5:17 AM, Fabio Acquarone <fabio_acquarone@...> wrote:

[...]

            <image001.jpg>