Re: The Owl Nebula - M97

  • waddington50
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
      Hi Bernard. This is a really nice image in both the "small" and "uncropped" versions - I don't see a noise issue in those renditions, only in the "full size" view. But I also see that the image dimensions are the same for the "full size" and "uncropped" versions. So does that mean you up-sampled the one that has the noise in it? If so, maybe that's the issue...

      In any case, nice work!

      Bruce
      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > The link below is to an image of the Owl Nebula I just finished. Given that
      > I had 17 hours of data, I found this to be noisier than I expected. It could
      > be related to the fact that with the weather warming up, some of the data
      > had to be gathered at -5 degrees C. I could really use an STT-8300 this time
      > of year. I have included the cropped version, but you can access the full
      > size uncropped image at the link below the picture. Thanks for looking and
      > suggestions and comments are welcomed.
      >

      > http://www.azstarman.net/M97.htm
      >

      > Thanks,
      >

      > Bernard

    • Bernard Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
        Bruce,

        I redid this one and I think it is a lot better. The color is better and the
        noise in much improved. TO answer your question, yes I up sampled.

        Thanks,

        Bernard

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ccd-newastro%40yahoogroups.com>
        , "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >

        > The link below is to an image of the Owl Nebula I just finished. Given
        that
        > I had 17 hours of data, I found this to be noisier than I expected. It
        could
        > be related to the fact that with the weather warming up, some of the data
        > had to be gathered at -5 degrees C. I could really use an STT-8300 this
        time
        > of year. I have included the cropped version, but you can access the full
        > size uncropped image at the link below the picture. Thanks for looking and
        > suggestions and comments are welcomed.
        >

        > http://www.azstarman.net/M97.htm
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > Bernard