Re: Photoshop to be only in Cloud

  • phils67
    Message 1 of 31 , May 11, 2013
      You might want to take a look at Mike Unsold's ImagesPlus. The current version (V5) has just about anything you could want for astro image processing. This includes mosaic capabilities, masks, layers, gradient tools, digital development, hdr, star size reduction and a host of others. Preprocessing can be done using a fully automated tool or you can run through the steps managing them yourself. Best of all, it's way less expensive than PS. Mike wrote this to facilitate using DSLRs for astro imaging but it uses FITS files for all imtermediate storage, making it usable with any astro camera.

      Phil

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Carson Brucker <cbrucker@...> wrote:

      > Stan,
      >
      > What software do you recommend as a replacement for it? I have been using it by
      > default but would be interested in something equal or better.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Carson

    • Pete Su
      Message 31 of 31 , May 14, 2013
        On May 14, 2013, at 11:24 AM, "Stan" <stan_ccd@...> wrote:

        > --- Pete Su <pete.su@...> wrote:
        >> ... pet feature of Photoshop ... is non-destructive
        >> masked adjustment layers...
        >
        > CCDStack can be used for layering actions, though it does not display a running result (you must press the "combine" button or menu item to enact the layers).

        Neat. I did not know. I'll have to play with that. Thanks.

        Pete