Re: [ccd-newastro] New image: NGC 2903

  • Ron Brant
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10 5:13 PM
      Good job Bob! Good color and detail.
      Ron B.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: skyimager
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 3:12 PM
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] New image: NGC 2903

      Here is another image taken from the great dark sky location of SkyPI Observatory in Pie town New Mexico. This image of NGC 2903 is just over 6 hours total time in Bortle 1 skies. There were some high clouds from time to time, but they didn't interfer too much.
      NGC2903 is approximately 30 million light years away in the constellation Leo
      See Astrobin for the imaging details.

      http://www.astrobin.com/41553/0/?mod=none

      Thanks,
      Bob Birket

    • CurtisC
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11 1:03 AM
        I like this! Great image!

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "skyimager" <bobsccdimaging@...> wrote:

        > Here is another image taken from the great dark sky location of SkyPI Observatory in Pie town New Mexico. This image of NGC 2903 is just over 6 hours total time in Bortle 1 skies. There were some high clouds from time to time, but they didn't interfer too much.
        > NGC2903 is approximately 30 million light years away in the constellation Leo
        > See Astrobin for the imaging details.
        >
        > http://www.astrobin.com/41553/0/?mod=none
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bob Birket

      • randy_nulman
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12 8:08 AM
          Bob,
          I agree!! For some reason, 2903 has always been a problem for me...nice to see a great image of it from you.

          Regards,
          Randy
          http://nulman.darkhorizons.org