Re: [ccd-newastro] NGC4517 and NGC4517A

  • De Lorme Broussard
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      This is a really great picture Bernard.  De Lorme

      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        Very nice image, Bernard - the color is deep and the detail is good in the edge-on galaxy. Congrats...

        Bruce W.

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >

        > This is a lesser known galaxy pair that I stumbled upon and decided to
        > image. The larger galaxy at the bottom is NGC4517. It is an edge on spiral
        > galaxy. Its sister galaxy at the top is NGC4517A and is a face on spiral
        > galaxy. This is an interesting pair because you get an edge on and face on
        > spiral galaxy in the same image. There are lots of other smaller galaxies as
        > well. These galaxies are about 32 million light years away in the
        > constellation Bootes. Comments and suggestions welcomed.
        >

        > http://www.azstarman.net/NGC4517.htm
        >

        > Bernard

      • Hartmut
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2013
          Bernard,

          I agree with the other contributions here but would recommend to spend some additional steps and reduce the noise a little more.

          Hartmut