Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Combining subs from different telescopes

  • Ron Brant
    Message 1 of 10 , May 3, 2013
      Nice photo Colin!
      Ron
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: mcgill.colin
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 5:36 AM
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Re: Combining subs from different telescopes

      Thank you all for your advice.

      Enclosed is the first fruit of our collaboration. The two others involved are Salvatore Iovene, who also runs Astrobin, and Samuel Diaz Lopez.

      This image is the result of about 12 hours of luminance data taken through a 10" GSO RC with an Atik 4000, combined with 7 hours of RGB data taken through an 8" Ikharos RC with an Atik 460ex.

      This image also benefited from final Pixinsight processing from Manuel Jimenez.

      http://astrob.in/40770/

      As a result, we all learned a great deal about our set ups, especially the flaws, not to mention the differences in out set ups. I hope our images will improve, but a pleasing start.

      Colin