Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: flat screen

  • Mark Striebeck
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
      If you want it for remote operation you might want to consider
      http://alnitakastro.com/products/flip-flat/.

      I don't use them (my scope is not remote). I'm using the Aurora sheets from
      Neumann (
      http://www.gerdneumann.net/english/astrofotografie-parts-astrophotography/aurora-flatfield-panels/uebersicht-aurora-flatfield-panels-overview.html
      )

      MarkS

      On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM, paul kobetz <pkobetz@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Thank you! SOme of the adds claim that they are. I am looking for one
      > because the observatory is remote and placing such on the inside of the
      > dome at the park position would be wonderful..
      > Paulk
      > Rubicon Observatory, Ukiah, Ca
      > Taylor Observatory, Kelseyville, Ca
      >
      > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Stan <stan_ccd@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      >

      > > --- "Paulk" <paulk@...> wrote:
      > > > ... hoping to use an edge lit LED screen (for flat)
      > >
      > > Forget it. They are not uniform.
      > >
      > > Stan

    • tpiccian
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
        Take a look at my facebook page. I built an el panel version and it seems to work pretty good.

        http://www.facebook.com/TomsAstronomyStuff

        Scroll down to the section on the Flatfield Lightbox and then expand the comments to get the full instructions. Facebook doesn't format well for these sorts of layouts but I did what I could.

        Tom P.