Re: flat screen

  • Paulk
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2013
      Thanks...

      Sooooo??? What's the choice?
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Paulk
      Rubicon Observatory
      Ukiah, Ca

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, paul kobetz <pkobetz@...> wrote:

      > Thank you! SOme of the adds claim that they are. I am looking for one
      > because the observatory is remote and placing such on the inside of the
      > dome at the park position would be wonderful..
      > Paulk
      > Rubicon Observatory, Ukiah, Ca
      > Taylor Observatory, Kelseyville, Ca
      >

      > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Stan <stan_ccd@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > --- "Paulk" <paulk@> wrote:
      > > > ... hoping to use an edge lit LED screen (for flat)
      > >
      > > Forget it. They are not uniform.
      > >
      > > Stan

    • Mark Striebeck
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
        If you want it for remote operation you might want to consider
        http://alnitakastro.com/products/flip-flat/.

        I don't use them (my scope is not remote). I'm using the Aurora sheets from
        Neumann (
        http://www.gerdneumann.net/english/astrofotografie-parts-astrophotography/aurora-flatfield-panels/uebersicht-aurora-flatfield-panels-overview.html
        )

        MarkS

        On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM, paul kobetz <pkobetz@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thank you! SOme of the adds claim that they are. I am looking for one
        > because the observatory is remote and placing such on the inside of the
        > dome at the park position would be wonderful..
        > Paulk
        > Rubicon Observatory, Ukiah, Ca
        > Taylor Observatory, Kelseyville, Ca
        >
        > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Stan <stan_ccd@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        >

        > > --- "Paulk" <paulk@...> wrote:
        > > > ... hoping to use an edge lit LED screen (for flat)
        > >
        > > Forget it. They are not uniform.
        > >
        > > Stan

      • tpiccian
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
          Take a look at my facebook page. I built an el panel version and it seems to work pretty good.

          http://www.facebook.com/TomsAstronomyStuff

          Scroll down to the section on the Flatfield Lightbox and then expand the comments to get the full instructions. Facebook doesn't format well for these sorts of layouts but I did what I could.

          Tom P.