Re: Combining subs from different telescopes

  • echesak@flash.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
      Sorry for the late reply here. I collaborate also, although with a similar scope and camera set-up. However, the best way that I've found to combine images is to use Registar. I use it to align images from different nights and from different scopes. It's simple and works flawlessly every time. I'd highly recommend it.

      I usually align stacks for each filter and them combine them in Photoshop.

      Eric

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "mcgill.colin" <colin.mcgill@...> wrote:

      > Hi - I have just started collaborating with two other imagers.
      >
      > We have similar set ups, but not identical - two 8" RCs, one 10", all have different cameras.
      >
      > We've thought about combining all the individual (calibrated) frames, or just a weighted average of the integrated frames, but I'm sure there are other ways of doing this.
      >
      > Does anyone have any advice about the best way to combine data from different telescopes?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Colin

    • Bob Runyan
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
        I am in total agreement regarding Registar. A great, very intuitive, simple
        to use program that does the job. I am not affiliated but a happy owner of
        this program.
        Bob R. http://rcfotos.selfip.net/Runyan

        wrote:

        > Hi - I have just started collaborating with two other imagers.
        >
        > We have similar set ups, but not identical - two 8" RCs, one 10", all have
        different cameras.

        > We've thought about combining all the individual (calibrated) frames, or
        just a weighted average of the integrated frames, but I'm sure there are
        other ways of doing this.

        > Does anyone have any advice about the best way to combine data from
        different telescopes?

        > Thank you,
        >
        > Colin

        ------------------------------------
      • mcgill.colin
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2013
          Thank you all for your advice.

          Enclosed is the first fruit of our collaboration. The two others involved are Salvatore Iovene, who also runs Astrobin, and Samuel Diaz Lopez.

          This image is the result of about 12 hours of luminance data taken through a 10" GSO RC with an Atik 4000, combined with 7 hours of RGB data taken through an 8" Ikharos RC with an Atik 460ex.

          This image also benefited from final Pixinsight processing from Manuel Jimenez.

          http://astrob.in/40770/

          As a result, we all learned a great deal about our set ups, especially the flaws, not to mention the differences in out set ups. I hope our images will improve, but a pleasing start.

          Colin

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Runyan" <runrob@...> wrote:

          > I am in total agreement regarding Registar. A great, very intuitive, simple
          > to use program that does the job. I am not affiliated but a happy owner of
          > this program.
          > Bob R. http://rcfotos.selfip.net/Runyan

        • Ron Brant
          Message 4 of 10 , May 3, 2013