Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: luminescent sheet

  • Bob Grabau
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7, 2013
      The way I used my Glow Hut sheet (this MAY work for the Neumann sheet
      too, but unknown), was to build a simple power supply. I used a 12 vac
      transformer (from Radio Shack), and a variable power supply kit from
      Velieman ( http://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=350481 don't
      forget to use a heat sink!). I mount the parts is an broken PC power
      supply (after yanking out the broke PS board) and wiring the AC to the
      transformer via the case's power switch. There was enough room inside
      the case for the EL inverter too.

      Clear Skies,

      Bob

      --
      Bob Grabau

      http://www.astrohbg.org
      http://www.cherrysprings.org

      Our Star Party: June 6-9, 2013 Cherry Springs State Park, PA
    • montb02
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
        Great, thanks for the information!
        I will be placing my order tomorrow.

        Felix

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
          MarkS,

          One further question if I may, by looking at the picture from the supplier's web site I cannot determine if the two ends of the dimmer will fit the Neuman panel.

          Q: Do the connectors fit right out of the box or would there be a need to cut out the original end connectors from the Neuman panel and the dimmer to be able to then connect the dimmer to the panel?

          The dimmer should be coming in this week.

          Thanks once again, Felix