Announcement ...eXcalibrator 4.0 is faster and MUCH easier to use

  • Bob Franke
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      For those unfamiliar with the program, eXcalibrator is a freeware for calculating color correction for astro images. The program uses online databasesto identify stars in your image that should be white. eXcalibrator then provides adjustment factors for the color channels. Additionally, eXcalibrator can determine RGB exposure ratios for a given image-train.

      If you have found eXcalibrator too difficult to use, you may want to try version 4.0. It's faster and very easy.

      Here is the download link
      http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/eXcalibrator_4_0.zip

      Regards,
      Bob
      http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/excalibrator.htm

      .
    • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
        Hi Frank,
        First of all, thanks for all your efforts to share your programs with other
        members.

        What I wish to know is whether this program refers to one-shot colour
        cameras

        Leonard.

        On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Bob Franke <bfranke@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > For those unfamiliar with the program, eXcalibrator is a freeware for
        > calculating color correction for astro images. The program uses online
        > databasesto identify stars in your image that should be white. eXcalibrator
        > then provides adjustment factors for the color channels. Additionally,
        > eXcalibrator can determine RGB exposure ratios for a given image-train.
        >
        > If you have found eXcalibrator too difficult to use, you may want to try
        > version 4.0. It's faster and very easy.
        >
        > Here is the download link
        > http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/eXcalibrator_4_0.zip
        >
        > Regards,
        > Bob
        > http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/excalibrator.htm
        >
        > .

      • Bob Franke
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
          Hello Leonard,

          Here are links for my tutorial about using eXcalibrator with an OSC camera.
          http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/OSCeXcalibrator.pdf
          http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/OSCeXcalibrator.zip

          Feel free to email me privately if you have more eXcalibrator related questions.

          Cheers,
          Bob

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Ellul-Mercer <lellulmercer@...> wrote:

          > Hi Frank,
          > First of all, thanks for all your efforts to share your programs with other
          > members.
          >
          > What I wish to know is whether this program refers to one-shot colour
          > cameras
          >
          > Leonard.
          >

          > On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Bob Franke <bfranke@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hello Everyone,
          > >
          > > For those unfamiliar with the program, eXcalibrator is a freeware for
          > > calculating color correction for astro images. The program uses online
          > > databasesto identify stars in your image that should be white. eXcalibrator
          > > then provides adjustment factors for the color channels. Additionally,
          > > eXcalibrator can determine RGB exposure ratios for a given image-train.
          > >
          > > If you have found eXcalibrator too difficult to use, you may want to try
          > > version 4.0. It's faster and very easy.
          > >
          > > Here is the download link
          > > http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/eXcalibrator_4_0.zip
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Bob
          > > http://bf-astro.com/eXcalibrator/excalibrator.htm
          > >
          > > .

        • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2013
            Thank you, Bob,

            Please excuse me for not completing my question correctly.
            What I actually wanted to know is whether there is a version of this program
            for Mono cameras, like ST10 XME and STL 11000 mono.

            Sorry for the misunderstanding.

            Thanks,
            Leonard.