RE: [ccd-newastro] NGC 2403

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2013
      Don,

      Nice image. On my monitor, the outer parts of the spiral arms look to have
      too much magenta (at about the 1-2 o'clock position).

      Bernard

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2013
        Thanks Bernard. I had a lot of green gradients (light pollution!) to deal
        with. I guess I over corrected. I worked on the image a bit. Hopefully
        the magenta is not as noticeable now.

        Thanks again for looking and for your constructive observation.

        Don

        Nice image. On my monitor, the outer parts of the spiral arms look to have
        too much magenta (at about the 1-2 o'clock position).

        Bernard

        I just finished processing this image of NGC 2403. This galaxy is noted for
        many large HII regions. I combined Ha filtered data with the Red filtered
        data to bring out these HII areas.

        Small with description:

        http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc2403-2013-03-31.html

        (Click on the image to view at higher resolution)

        Thanks for looking.

        Don Waid

        http://www.waid-observatory.com

        ------------------------------------
      • Bernard Miller
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2013
          Don,

          The new one looks better on my monitor. Nice image.

          Bernard

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 8, 2013
            Stunning work Don! Beautiful =)

            Matthew Dieterich
            Senior-Robert Morris University-Environmental Science
            www.MatthewDieterich.Zenfolio.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8, 2013
              Thank you Matthew! I'm glad you liked the image. Your compliment is greatly appreciated.

              Best,

              Don