Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Filter comparison

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2013
      Stan,

      I thought you might be interested to hear about this new technology for one-shot color (if you haven't heard of it already, that is). Obviously, it's intended for the terrestrial camera market, but it is interesting nonetheless, if nothing else, for the sophisticated use of technology:

      http://bit.ly/XL11J2

      Ron Wodaski

      On Mar 29, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Stan <stan_ccd@...> wrote:

      > (continued)
      >
      > Examining each data set will reveal that the filter removes a great deal of information. The filtered sky background will be substantially diminished. The filtered stars will be dimmer and thus seem "tighter" at any particular scaling (when compared to the unfiltered image with same scaling). Different colored objects (e.g. stars) will have different relative intensities. And so on...
      >
      > Stan

    • Stan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2013
        --- Ron Wodaski <yahoo@...> wrote:
        > ... technology for one-shot color
        > http://bit.ly/XL11J2

        I caught word of it from DP Review (a good source of info):

        http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/02/04/panasonic-promises-high-sensitivity-sensors-using-micro-color-splitters

        It is basically a micro version of the 3-CCD scheme used by some high-end video cams.

        Stan