RE: [ccd-newastro] M81 (Bode's Galaxy)

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      Steve,

      Thanks. Take another look. I updated the top one to stretch the shadows
      about as much as they could go to bring out more of the intergalactic flux.
      It is a tiny bit noisy, but not too bad I think. Anyway, there is now much
      more of a contrast between the top and bottom.

      Thanks,

      Bernard

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        Fooled me for a minute there, the top is now the bottom and the bottom is now the top!? 8>)
        Very obvious IFN now! And the galaxy core is more similar too. I like it! Gotta love those 8300 chips don't ya? I've recently purchased QSI's 683M and 8 filter wheel. I've got a long way to go to catch up with you and your skies back here in Kansas, but I can hardly believe my eyes when I look at what comes out of that camera with the same setup otherwise compared to my now former DSI IIIC. Without a doubt, my processing skills are the hold up now.

        Steve

        Stephen C Mitchell Sr OD
        Scopehill Observatory
        www.Scopehill.com