Re: M81 (Bode's Galaxy)

  • barry.schellenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
      Bernard,

      I like the top one best as well. Seems to capture the color better.

      Barry

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Steve C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D." <smitchell@...> wrote:

      > Hey Bernard,
      >
      > I like the top one best with the extra filamentary elements. Agreed there is not much difference but, although it did seem to darken the galaxy core a bit, it reveals the fact that your image has more depth!
      >
      > Steve
      > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
      > Scopehill Observatory
      > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
      > 12", RCX400

    • Bernard Miller
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
        Steve,

        Thanks. Take another look. I updated the top one to stretch the shadows
        about as much as they could go to bring out more of the intergalactic flux.
        It is a tiny bit noisy, but not too bad I think. Anyway, there is now much
        more of a contrast between the top and bottom.

        Thanks,

        Bernard

        I could give you all the details about this object, but that would be like
        telling you the words to the National Anthem. It's been done to death, but I
        thought I would try it again. I posted two versions. The top one I tried to
        bring out the intergalactic flux a little more. I am not sure it makes much
        difference, but I would be interested to know which one people like better.
        Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions are welcomed.

        http://www.azstarman.net/M81.htm

        Bernard

      • Steve C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2013
          Fooled me for a minute there, the top is now the bottom and the bottom is now the top!? 8>)
          Very obvious IFN now! And the galaxy core is more similar too. I like it! Gotta love those 8300 chips don't ya? I've recently purchased QSI's 683M and 8 filter wheel. I've got a long way to go to catch up with you and your skies back here in Kansas, but I can hardly believe my eyes when I look at what comes out of that camera with the same setup otherwise compared to my now former DSI IIIC. Without a doubt, my processing skills are the hold up now.

          Steve

          Stephen C Mitchell Sr OD
          Scopehill Observatory
          www.Scopehill.com