Re: [ccd-newastro] PanSTARRS - reflected sunlight

  • Ken Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2013
      Brian,
      The Hutek IDAS filter curve:

      http://www.sciencecenter.net/hutech/idas/filtdata.htm

      The prominent C2 bands at 470 and 518nm would be OK, but the C2 at 560nm
      and the very bright Sodium emission at 589nm would be completely lost!
      So, I'd say the IDAS would be a poor choice of filter for Comet Pan STARRS.

      On 23 March 2013 10:06, Brian L <northernlights81272@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Very neat!
      > I was thinking about using my idas lps p2 filter when the skies clear,
      > would the filter still add more contrast against a twilight sky?
      > My skies are relatively dark without any lightdomes around.
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > My astrophotography website http://cygnusxone-telescopiceye.smugmug.com/

      "Astronomical Spectroscopy - The Final Frontier" - to boldly go where few
      amateurs have gone before....