Jones-Emberson 1(PK 164 +31.1)

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 12:20 PM
      Hi,

      The link below is to Jones-Emberson 1(PK 164 +31.1). This is a planetary
      nebula in the constellation Lynx. I had never heard of this nebula before
      about two months ago and decided to give it a try. It reminds me a little of
      the Dumbbell nebula. I remember someone referring to it as the Headphone
      nebula, but I can't remember who. The very blue magnitude 16.8 White Dwarf
      star is very visible in the center of the nebula. Comments and suggestions
      welcomed.

      http://www.azstarman.net/PLN164.htm

      Thanks,

      Bernard

    • barry.schellenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18 6:01 PM
        That's a really neat image Bernard. There is a lot going on in that frame with neighboring objects as well.

        Barry