M106 and NGC4217 Final version

  • jeffreyjongmans
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
      I spend two nights on this one. The first night everything that could go
      wrong, went wrong. My flatfield panel broke down, CCDAutoPilot was
      determined to guide on a hot pixel, repeating USB problems and two
      windscreens fell on the setup... Not a good night. The second night,
      yesterday, all went perfect.
      15x 600s 1x1 Luminance11x 600s 1x1 RGB8 hours total
      M106 with a 10" RC on an ASA DDM60 with a QSI 683wsg-8
      Small preview (slow connections)
      <http://jeffreyjongmans.nl/images/gallery/m106_rgb_thumb_v2.jpg> Full
      page <http://jeffreyjongmans.nl/photo.php?id=30>

    • Bob Runyan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
        Hello Jeffrey:
        IMYO, I would give this one APOD consideration. Especially for the size
        scope you are using. Not over cooked and great resolution.
        Bob R.

        I spend two nights on this one. The first night everything that could go
        wrong, went wrong. My flatfield panel broke down, CCDAutoPilot was
        determined to guide on a hot pixel, repeating USB problems and two
        windscreens fell on the setup... Not a good night. The second night,
        yesterday, all went perfect.
        15x 600s 1x1 Luminance11x 600s 1x1 RGB8 hours total
        M106 with a 10" RC on an ASA DDM60 with a QSI 683wsg-8 Small preview (slow
        connections)
        <http://jeffreyjongmans.nl/images/gallery/m106_rgb_thumb_v2.jpg> Full page
        <http://jeffreyjongmans.nl/photo.php?id=30>

      • Bernard Miller
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2013
          Jeff,

          Very nice result. I think the color and detail are great.

          Bernard