Re: [ccd-newastro] Polar Alignment / Update pointing model

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
      If you plan to adjust polar alignment, your MaxPoint model will be invalidated.

      Why not just do both in MaxPoint?

      Ron Wodaski

      On Mar 3, 2013, at 11:27 AM, larryl <k3fit@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Which operation should be done first?
      > Polar alignment (PAM) or update pointing model(MaxPoint)?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Larry Leitch
      >

      > ------------------------------------

    • larryl
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
        Ron,

        I have been using PolarAlignMax for polar alignment and it works well. Using MaxPoint seems like it would be quite slow in comparison.

        What about doing the PA with PAM with the model disconnected and then connect the model?

        Or is this a Catch-22?

        Thanks.

        Larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2013
          Max point uses its idea of the polar offset to correct pointing.

          So you have to either update max point, with a short run (assuming it can do that) or do a new model.

          Ron Wodaski
          Sent from my iPad