Re: [ccd-newastro] Rosette nebula in H-alpha

  • Hemant Hariyani
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24 6:36 AM
      Hello Matt,

      Thanks a lot. I used PixInsight to process this image.

      Regards
      Hemant

      On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Matt <matt.dieterich@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Wow Hemant,
      >
      > Excellent contrast! What software did you process with?
      >
      > Matthew Dieterich
      > Robert Morris University: Environmental Science
      >
      > www.MatthewDieterich.Zenfolio.com
      >

      > On Feb 23, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Hemant Hariyani hemanthariyani@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I was initially hesitant to shoot this close to the moon but guess it
      > > was at a safe distance. Did not notice much of a gradient. Here it is:
      > >
      > > http://goo.gl/Rfs2O
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > Hemant

    • Mike Garbett
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24 9:51 AM
        Outstanding image Hemant!
        You have captured a lot of detail - I really must give this target some serious attention in Ha.

        Mike

        Sent from my iPad
      • Bernard Miller
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24 10:13 AM
          Very nice Hemant. It is usually safe to image in Ha during full moon unless
          the object is right next to the moon.

          Bernard

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25 8:43 PM
            Hello Mike, Bernard,

            Thanks a lot.

            Bernard,
            Is that just for Ha? How about other narrowband filters?

            Regards
            Hemant