Rosette nebula in H-alpha

  • Hemant Hariyani
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23 3:22 PM
      I was initially hesitant to shoot this close to the moon but guess it
      was at a safe distance. Did not notice much of a gradient. Here it is:

      http://goo.gl/Rfs2O

      Regards
      Hemant
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23 10:41 PM
        Wow Hemant,

        Excellent contrast! What software did you process with?

        Matthew Dieterich
        Robert Morris University: Environmental Science

        www.MatthewDieterich.Zenfolio.com

        On Feb 23, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Hemant Hariyani <hemanthariyani@...> wrote:

        > I was initially hesitant to shoot this close to the moon but guess it
        > was at a safe distance. Did not notice much of a gradient. Here it is:
        >
        > http://goo.gl/Rfs2O
        >
        > Regards
        > Hemant

      • Hemant Hariyani
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24 6:36 AM
          Hello Matt,

          Thanks a lot. I used PixInsight to process this image.

          Regards
          Hemant

          On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Matt <matt.dieterich@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Wow Hemant,
          >
          > Excellent contrast! What software did you process with?
          >
          > Matthew Dieterich
          > Robert Morris University: Environmental Science
          >
          > www.MatthewDieterich.Zenfolio.com
          >

          > On Feb 23, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Hemant Hariyani hemanthariyani@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > I was initially hesitant to shoot this close to the moon but guess it
          > > was at a safe distance. Did not notice much of a gradient. Here it is:
          > >
          > > http://goo.gl/Rfs2O
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Hemant

        • Mike Garbett
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 24 9:51 AM
            Outstanding image Hemant!
            You have captured a lot of detail - I really must give this target some serious attention in Ha.

            Mike

            Sent from my iPad
          • Bernard Miller
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24 10:13 AM
              Very nice Hemant. It is usually safe to image in Ha during full moon unless
              the object is right next to the moon.

              Bernard

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 25 8:43 PM
                Hello Mike, Bernard,

                Thanks a lot.

                Bernard,
                Is that just for Ha? How about other narrowband filters?

                Regards
                Hemant