RE: [ccd-newastro] First HaRGB: NGC 2237 - Rosette Nebula

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
      Jeff,

      Nice image. Great detail and color.

      Bernard

      From: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Jeff Armstrong
      Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:42 PM
      To: starlightxpress@yahoogroups.com; ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com;
      CelestronCGEM@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] First HaRGB: NGC 2237 - Rosette Nebula

      The Rosette Nebula is a large, circular emission nebula in the constellation

      Monoceros. It surrounds a cluster of hot, young stars known as the Rosette
      Cluster (NGC 2244).

      Visual Magnitude: +5.50
      Apparent Size: 80.0 x 60.0 arcmin
      Distance: 1.7 kpc, 5.5 kly
      Diameter: 39.3 pc, 128.0 ly

      I decided to go back with my Hyperstar setup and give Narrowband imaging a
      try
      with my SXVR-M25C OSC.

      I acquired RGB data over 2 nights and combined this with data from last
      year. I
      included the link to my Rosette from last year for comparison.

      I had only 1 good night to capture Ha data. This data was captured the
      night of
      the 18th under a half moon about 20 degrees (I think?) away with an
      Astronomik
      12nm Ha filter.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/army5/8493970070/ - HaRGB

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/army5/8493975640/ - Ha