M42 and M43 H-alpha

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18, 2013
      Further adventures in D.S. high speed imaging EMCCD with C-14:

      http://www.stanmooreastro.com/images/M42sm.jpg
      http://www.stanmooreastro.com/images/M43sm.jpg

      Stan
    • lmbuck2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        pretty cool detail, stan. i particularly like the M42 image.

        how many subs and at what duration?

        Lee

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" <stan_ccd@...> wrote:

        > Further adventures in D.S. high speed imaging EMCCD with C-14:
        >
        > http://www.stanmooreastro.com/images/M42sm.jpg
        > http://www.stanmooreastro.com/images/M43sm.jpg
        >
        > Stan

      • Stan
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          --- "lmbuck2000" <lmbuck2000@...> wrote:
          > how many subs and at what duration?

          I kind-of lost track but approximately:

          M42 was made from 150ms subs (8 fps) selected from about 1.6 hours of data. Seeing was 2", selected to 1.6" and deconvolved a bit.

          M43 was selected from 5 nights at about 1-2 hrs per night (it's not up fir very long here) with sub-exps 150, 200 or 330ms (3,5,8 fps). Most nights had mediocre seeing (2.5") but selection and some deconvolution got that down to 1.5".

          Stan
        • Hemant Hariyani
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
            Stan,