A couple of faint targets

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      Hello all,

      I got around to processing some of my backlog of data from New Mexico.

      First up is Sharpless 181 and 183, which reminds me of the logo of the Chicago Bulls:

      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/SH2-183.html

      Next up is a couple of supernova remnants, the remains of a couple of supermassive stars that blew up a few (or perhaps several) thousand years ago:

      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/SH224.html

      Sharpless 224 is particularly interesting to me shape-wise. I've actually been aware of this object for several years now, but only got around to finally imaging it late in 2012.

      Enjoy,
      Eric