Re: [ccd-newastro] NGC1977 - The Running Man Nebula

  • Tom O'Donoghue
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2013
      I clicked back on the original link, and I think it looks better. Did you have the layers saved in PS or some other Astro program?
      T.

      ________________________________
      From: mailto:ccd-newastro%40yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 7, 2013
        Tom,

        I reprocessed it from the start. I got so fixated on bringing out the nebula detail, I forgot about the stars. I started over and paid more attention to the stars the second time around.

        Bernard

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2013
          The second time around is a vast improvement - not only of the stars but nebula detail as well. The Runner was an also-ran before - he's well into 1st place now.
          Lou

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 7, 2013
            Well its paid off. The whole balance of a pic is a matter of taste, and tricky of course, but its also whats givers you your own personal style of Astrophotography.
            Super pic, hope it goes on your wall!

            ________________________________
            I reprocessed it from the start. I got so fixated on bringing out the nebula detail, I forgot about the stars. I started over and paid more attention to the stars the second time around.

            Bernard

            I clicked back on the original link, and I think it looks better. Did you have the layers saved in PS or some other Astro program?
            T.

            ________________________________

            The link below is to NGC1977, also known as the Running Man Nebula. I
            have been gathering this data since last November and finally got around
            to processing it. Comments and suggestions welcomed.

            http://www.azstarman.net/NGC1977.htm

            Thanks,

            Bernard

          • barry.schellenberg
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 8, 2013
              Bernard,

              Great image. The constrast and nebulosity is displayed very well.

              Barry