Re: PacMan from trip to New Mexico

  • barry.schellenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
      Thank you to both Stan and Bernard for your feedback.

      Stan - could you explain your comment a little more to me? Are you speaking to the image scale or just the fact the images don't display properly?

      My system is producing an imaging scale of 2.69 arcsec/pix, which is works well for me in my light polluted back yard. I could probably have removed the FR for this object in addition to the support of great NM sky conditions.

      I didn't realize Zenfolio wasn't producing the largest image size. I had to uncheck a setting restriction to do so. I now have a larger image to view here: http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1410219766.jpg

      I look forward to your additional comments.

      Thanks,
      Barry

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" wrote:

      > Hi Barry,
      >
      > NM is a great place!
      >
      > My only complaint is that the "high res" display images are too small and undersampled.
      >
      > Stan

    • Stan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2013
        --- "barry.schellenberg" wrote:
        > Stan ... Are you speaking to the image scale...
        > I didn't realize Zenfolio wasn't producing the largest image size.

        Right. The display image was too small. The new one is well sampled

        > http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1410219766.jpg
        > I look forward to your additional comments.

        I am not fond of "black" backgrounds, mostly because they hide the faint fuzzies but also because it is harsh on the eye and looks unatural. A black background is often employed to bury poor flatting or other problems, so unless you have such problems then try showing the dim data.

        Stan