PacMan from trip to New Mexico

  • barry.schellenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
      Here is my image of the PacMan nebula taken during my recent trip to New Mexico.

      I have revised my HaRGB combine technique in order to maintain more accurate star colors. Details and a High Res version are below each image.

      HaRGB combine: http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/p178350886/h540E3EF6#h540e3ef6
      Ha: http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/p264248004/h540F6238#h540f6238
      Original RGB: http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/p14536770/h540F6D44#h540f6d44

      Regards,
      Barry
    • Bernard Miller
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
        Very nicely done Barry.

        Bernard

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
          Hi Barry,

          NM is a great place!

          My only complaint is that the "high res" display images are too small and undersampled.

          Stan
        • barry.schellenberg
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
            Thank you to both Stan and Bernard for your feedback.

            Stan - could you explain your comment a little more to me? Are you speaking to the image scale or just the fact the images don't display properly?

            My system is producing an imaging scale of 2.69 arcsec/pix, which is works well for me in my light polluted back yard. I could probably have removed the FR for this object in addition to the support of great NM sky conditions.

            I didn't realize Zenfolio wasn't producing the largest image size. I had to uncheck a setting restriction to do so. I now have a larger image to view here: http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1410219766.jpg

            I look forward to your additional comments.

            Thanks,
            Barry

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Stan" wrote:

            > Hi Barry,
            >
            > NM is a great place!
            >
            > My only complaint is that the "high res" display images are too small and undersampled.
            >
            > Stan

          • Stan
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2013
              --- "barry.schellenberg" wrote:
              > Stan ... Are you speaking to the image scale...
              > I didn't realize Zenfolio wasn't producing the largest image size.

              Right. The display image was too small. The new one is well sampled

              > http://astromarina.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1410219766.jpg
              > I look forward to your additional comments.

              I am not fond of "black" backgrounds, mostly because they hide the faint fuzzies but also because it is harsh on the eye and looks unatural. A black background is often employed to bury poor flatting or other problems, so unless you have such problems then try showing the dim data.

              Stan