Re: PHD guiding with SKY X

  • hilary15xx
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hi Leonard,

      When you have installed the latest driver, the screen should look like this:

      http://www.darklights.org/temp/PHD_Properties.jpg

      That picture shows some of the parameters you will need to get PHD to work. I have had problems when ProTrack was enabled; but when I turned it off, PHD worked fine.

      Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like Remote Desktop or VNC?

      Hilary

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Ellul-Mercer <lellulmercer@...> wrote:

      > Hello Tom
      >
      > I believe I have already reply to your email, yesterday I installed Ascom
      > driver 5.2.10 and X2 driver but still no success.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Leonard.

    • AB9MS
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
        The blacked about selection box looked like a font problem.  I used to run an Old graphics program "Photomagic" when I tried installing it under XP and later Vista more and more of the options were blacked out that same way.  The rendering engine got confused when the right fonts weren't available or not available in the right font size. When blacked out I could not select them.  Hope this doens't send you down the wrong path though.LewisB
        <snip>

        Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like Remote Desktop or VNC?

        Hilary<snip>

      • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012
          Hi Hilary,
          Thanks for your response.

          I have seen that screen when I installed 2X driver when configuring the
          telescope setup to Ascom, even though when I finished the mount would not
          connect
          with the Sky controlled telescope driver. It only connected with the
          paramount MX driver. When I tried PHD, this is the screen I got:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/32733026@N08/8317870018/

          I tried all the 3 options but non worked. One referred to Sky 5 and the
          other to Sky 6 and the first one on top ???? Not sure but did not work

          That's it.

          regards,

          Leonard.

          On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM, hilary15xx <hilaryyahoo3@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Leonard,
          >
          > When you have installed the latest driver, the screen should look like
          > this:
          >
          > http://www.darklights.org/temp/PHD_Properties.jpg
          >
          > That picture shows some of the parameters you will need to get PHD to
          > work. I have had problems when ProTrack was enabled; but when I turned it
          > off, PHD worked fine.
          >
          > Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a
          > problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have
          > the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like
          > Remote Desktop or VNC?
          >
          > Hilary
          >

          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Ellul-Mercer <lellulmercer@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Tom
          > >
          > > I believe I have already reply to your email, yesterday I installed Ascom
          > > driver 5.2.10 and X2 driver but still no success.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Leonard.

        • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012