Re: [ccd-newastro] PHD guiding with SKY X

  • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hello Tom

      I believe I have already reply to your email, yesterday I installed Ascom
      driver 5.2.10 and X2 driver but still no success.

      Thanks,

      Leonard.

      On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM, THouse <look-up1@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi Leonard,
      > You running TheSkyX? If so what version and build?
      >
      > Your screen shot shows V 4.1.1 of the Ascom driver for TheSky, very old.
      >
      > You can get 5.2.10 from here (scroll down)
      > http://www.ascom-standards.org/Downloads/ScopeDrivers.htm
      >
      > or 5.2.12 the latest version but kinda a beta from here
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASCOM-Talk/files/
      > Scroll down as well, 3rd from bottom.
      >
      > Start with this and see how it works,
      >
      > Tom
      >

      > On 12/28/2012 2:48 AM, Leonard wrote:
      > >
      > > I have recentely purchased a new Paramount MX, on which I have a GSO
      > > 10" RC OTA. The software is Sky X. Since I would like to have the
      > > option of having a guiding scope for when its difficult to have find a
      > > guiding star for the ST10 ccd when using narrow band filters, I
      > > decided to use PHD guiding software which I have been using with my
      > > other mounts till now.
      > >
      > > I have been trying to use Ascom with PHD guiding, prog., however, when
      > > I insert Sky controlled telescope in the calibration window and press
      > > properties, the window which appeared had 2 Black coloured blank
      > > sections with Sky version selector written above them. But could not
      > > select anything because there was nothing to select as one can see in
      > > the photo here under:
      > >
      > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/32733026@N08/8317870018/in/photostream
      > >
      > > Therefore it does not work.
      > >
      > > I would be very grateful if someone can help suggest a solution.
      > >
      > > Many thanks,
      > >
      > > Leonard.

    • hilary15xx
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
        Hi Leonard,

        When you have installed the latest driver, the screen should look like this:

        http://www.darklights.org/temp/PHD_Properties.jpg

        That picture shows some of the parameters you will need to get PHD to work. I have had problems when ProTrack was enabled; but when I turned it off, PHD worked fine.

        Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like Remote Desktop or VNC?

        Hilary

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Ellul-Mercer <lellulmercer@...> wrote:

        > Hello Tom
        >
        > I believe I have already reply to your email, yesterday I installed Ascom
        > driver 5.2.10 and X2 driver but still no success.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Leonard.

      • AB9MS
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
          The blacked about selection box looked like a font problem.  I used to run an Old graphics program "Photomagic" when I tried installing it under XP and later Vista more and more of the options were blacked out that same way.  The rendering engine got confused when the right fonts weren't available or not available in the right font size. When blacked out I could not select them.  Hope this doens't send you down the wrong path though.LewisB
          <snip>

          Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like Remote Desktop or VNC?

          Hilary<snip>

        • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012
            Hi Hilary,
            Thanks for your response.

            I have seen that screen when I installed 2X driver when configuring the
            telescope setup to Ascom, even though when I finished the mount would not
            connect
            with the Sky controlled telescope driver. It only connected with the
            paramount MX driver. When I tried PHD, this is the screen I got:

            http://www.flickr.com/photos/32733026@N08/8317870018/

            I tried all the 3 options but non worked. One referred to Sky 5 and the
            other to Sky 6 and the first one on top ???? Not sure but did not work

            That's it.

            regards,

            Leonard.

            On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM, hilary15xx <hilaryyahoo3@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi Leonard,
            >
            > When you have installed the latest driver, the screen should look like
            > this:
            >
            > http://www.darklights.org/temp/PHD_Properties.jpg
            >
            > That picture shows some of the parameters you will need to get PHD to
            > work. I have had problems when ProTrack was enabled; but when I turned it
            > off, PHD worked fine.
            >
            > Your screen dump looks like some sort of graphics problem and not a
            > problem with the driver itself. What is your graphics setup? Do you have
            > the latest graphics drivers? Were you running remotely using something like
            > Remote Desktop or VNC?
            >
            > Hilary
            >

            > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Leonard Ellul-Mercer <lellulmercer@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Tom
            > >
            > > I believe I have already reply to your email, yesterday I installed Ascom
            > > driver 5.2.10 and X2 driver but still no success.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Leonard.

          • Leonard Ellul-Mercer
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2012