Re: Obtaining material from the New CCD Astronomy website

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2012
      Many thanks for the prompt reply. I'll follow your instructions.

      Mike

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "rwodaski" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Note that on Amazon and CreateSpace, I've included the following in the description:
      >
      > Supplementary materials are available at http://www.newastro.com Use your email address for username and password to initially log in to the site.
      >
      > That means you can just go to newastro.com and log in as described. The materials are available immediately if you do this - the web site is no longer protected.
      >
      > Note also this from the same description:
      >
      > Note that the electronic (PDF) version is not included with this discounted purchase. (It was included with the original $49.95 version only.) A separate electronic version of the book will be available for $9.95 later in 2012.
      >
      > That all being said, I do get email requests (and I simply quote back the above information) at support@... That's not to say there may not sometimes be some internet issues with the email addresses, of course, but those usually resolve themselves within a day.
      >
      > Ron Wodaski
      >
      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikegarbett@> wrote:
      > >
      > > After discovering and joining this forum, I recently purchased a copy of The New CCD Astronomy book and tried to email a copy of my receipt to the support@ email address as instructed on the website. My hope was that this would then allow me to access extra material from the site.
      > > However, I get a reply suggesting that the email address no longer exists.......
      > > Tried support@ as I had seen this quoted in a few posts on the Yahoo group but this is also reported as no longer existing!
      > > Am I missing something here?
      > >
      > > Mike

    • phils67
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2013
        I found a link on the website to purchase an electronic PDF version for $30 but the link doesn't appear to be functioning.

        Are you now offering this as an electronic PDF? What happened to the $10 price?

        Phil

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2013
          No electronic version is currently available for purchase. The e-book industry has moved on past my primitive methods of distribution, I'm afraid, and it's a huge task to convert the format I have now into one that will work today. I've gotten as far as halfway through chapter 2 in my efforts - it's hard to find enough time to do the job, but it may be available if I can manage it.

          For now, you can purchase the book in two places. What you will get is a "print on demand" book - a single copy will be printed (with a new cover, but the same content) for you and shipped. You can order from CreateSpace (I get a bigger percentage of the sales price) or from Amazon:

          CreateSpace:
          https://www.createspace.com/3919593

          Amazon:
          http://tinyurl.com/newCCDastronomy

          Once you have the book, email me privately and I'll set you up for the PDF, if you want it.

          Ron Wodaski

          On May 1, 2013, at 11:49 AM, phils67 <plsherman@...> wrote:

          > I found a link on the website to purchase an electronic PDF version for $30 but the link doesn't appear to be functioning.
          >
          > Are you now offering this as an electronic PDF? What happened to the $10 price?
          >
          > Phil
          >
          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "rwodaski" <yahoo@...> wrote:

          >> Note that the electronic (PDF) version is not included with this discounted purchase. (It was included with the original $49.95 version only.) A separate electronic version of the book will be available for $9.95 later in 2012.

          >> Ron Wodaski
          >>
          >> --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mikegarbett@> wrote:

        • phils67
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2013
            I have two copies of the print book (one missing for a number of years) and the PDF version that's available with the book purchase. I was looking for a current source for the book for the times when I recommend it to someone who is looking for a good basic textbook on astro imaging.

            Your information in the book on using specific image processing programs is a bit dated but all of the techniques and procedures still work with any of today's imaging programs.

            Phil