Re: some new pix (EMCCD/C-14)

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
      --- "mark_manner_spot_obsrv" <mark.manner@...> wrote:
      > What are the details?

      Photometrics EMCCD (basd on TI-285) on a standard C-14.

      Both were made from sets of ~75k 150ms frames (approx 3 hour).
      Both were blended with subsets of selected frames (sharper). The full frame sets had approx 1.7" FWHM and the selected sets were near 1.4". Brighter portions were deconvolved to near 1.0". Image scale is 0.41"/pix.

      Stan
    • Stan
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012
        --- yahoo@... wrote:
        > EMCCD camera on the one-meter telescope...
        > http://www.wodaski.com/?p=317
        > Stephan's Quintet - Used mostly 2-minute exposures gain at 2000,
        > and did not take enough...

        Those galaxies are unusually dim. I took nearly 2 hours worth of high speed EMCCD and the results have insufficient S/N; not worth showing. But had I used a 1 meter... <g>

        Stan