NGC 604 in M33

  • Don
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
      The weather at my location has been bad for astronomy and good for my
      thirsty yard for the last few days so I've delved into the Hubble Legacy
      Archive again for something to process. I recently captured some photons
      from M33 and wondered if the Hubble had data on NGC 604. (The very bright
      HII region in the galaxy) I found the data and decided to try to assemble a
      "near true color" image of the nebula. I am still in awe that the Hubble
      can capture such fine detail of an object in another galaxy almost 3 million
      light years distant!

      Small with description:
      http://www.waid-observatory.com/NGC0604-2012-09-30-HLA.html

      Full Resolution:
      http://www.waid-observatory.com/NGC0604-2012-09-30-HLA-1512.html

      Comments welcomed.

      Don Waid
      http://www.waid-observatory.com
    • Bernard Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
        Very nice Don. I had fun with the HLA during the monsoon here in Arizona.

        Bernard

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2012
          Bernard,

          Thanks for your kind comment. I really enjoy delving into the HLA. It's a
          wonderful storehouse of data. The trick seems to be in finding something
          with all the right filters and field of view. I haven't tried assembling a
          mosaic yet. This will probably be on the list this winter.

          Thanks again,

          Don