Re: Greetings and Introduction

  • Wayne
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4 8:51 PM
      Thanks Harry. I'll be getting there Monday the 13th. Weather forecast is looking good! Are you going to be up in the imagers area?

      Waynr

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "HarryH" <harry.horlings@...> wrote:

      > Nice image Wayne. M33 is one of my favorite galaxies at this time of year.
      >
      > I'll be up at OSP starting on Wednesday, the 8th. A bunch of us get up there early to get settled in. I'll be driving an AP 900 with a SV105 and an 80 mm scope as well.
      >
      > Take care,
      >
      > Harry
      >
      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wayneh9026@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, I just joined the group and am enjoying reading about your activities and perusing your images - I am in awe! I'm fairly new to imaging after many years of visual observing. My system is a Televue NP127is (yes I'm a refractor guy :-)), an SBIG ST2000XM, riding on a new AP Mach 1. I am learning MaximDL for acquistion and preprocessing and Photoshop CS5 for final processing. I live in Seattle and hence most of my quality time involves travel to remote sites.
      > >
      > > I recently attended the Table Mountain Star Party for 5 nights in Eastern Washington. The weather started with thuderstorms and moved to hail, wind and fog before finally getting some good observing the last night. Due to software problems (my own...), I was only able to get in one complete LRGB sequence of M33, the Triangulum galaxy, just before twilight
      > >
      > > The image consists of 8 minutes of Lum exposure and 12 minutes of RGB. I experimented with processing, doing stacking, calibration and initial stretch in Maxim, then importing the individual L, R, G and B masters as 16-bit TIFFs into PS. I created an RGB and enhanced color using LAB mode, stretched the L image and sharpened, then layered the Lum on the RGB and did final color ehancement using Match Color. The result is posted in Wayne's AstroImages.
      > >
      > > The image is a bit lumpy and their is a lot of color confetti, but I'm generally pleased with it as a first cut at the process - it's much better than I did when I did the whole LRGB in Maxim and processed it in PS. I know it could have used a lot more time, I'm going to try that at the Oregon Star Party coming up the week of August 17th. I'm interested in your comments and maybe examples of the same object and your processing tips.
      > >
      > > Wayne
      > >
      > > Seattle CloudGazer

    • HarryH
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5 7:20 AM
        Hi Wayne,

        Yes, I will be in the imaging area on the south side of the 800 road just west of the 802 road. Look forward to meeting you.

        Harry

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wayneh9026@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Harry. I'll be getting there Monday the 13th. Weather forecast is looking good! Are you going to be up in the imagers area?
        >
        > Waynr
        >

        > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "HarryH" <harry.horlings@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Nice image Wayne. M33 is one of my favorite galaxies at this time of year.
        > >
        > > I'll be up at OSP starting on Wednesday, the 8th. A bunch of us get up there early to get settled in. I'll be driving an AP 900 with a SV105 and an 80 mm scope as well.
        > >
        > > Take care,
        > >
        > > Harry
        > >
        > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <wayneh9026@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi, I just joined the group and am enjoying reading about your activities and perusing your images - I am in awe! I'm fairly new to imaging after many years of visual observing. My system is a Televue NP127is (yes I'm a refractor guy :-)), an SBIG ST2000XM, riding on a new AP Mach 1. I am learning MaximDL for acquistion and preprocessing and Photoshop CS5 for final processing. I live in Seattle and hence most of my quality time involves travel to remote sites.
        > > >
        > > > I recently attended the Table Mountain Star Party for 5 nights in Eastern Washington. The weather started with thuderstorms and moved to hail, wind and fog before finally getting some good observing the last night. Due to software problems (my own...), I was only able to get in one complete LRGB sequence of M33, the Triangulum galaxy, just before twilight
        > > >
        > > > The image consists of 8 minutes of Lum exposure and 12 minutes of RGB. I experimented with processing, doing stacking, calibration and initial stretch in Maxim, then importing the individual L, R, G and B masters as 16-bit TIFFs into PS. I created an RGB and enhanced color using LAB mode, stretched the L image and sharpened, then layered the Lum on the RGB and did final color ehancement using Match Color. The result is posted in Wayne's AstroImages.
        > > >
        > > > The image is a bit lumpy and their is a lot of color confetti, but I'm generally pleased with it as a first cut at the process - it's much better than I did when I did the whole LRGB in Maxim and processed it in PS. I know it could have used a lot more time, I'm going to try that at the Oregon Star Party coming up the week of August 17th. I'm interested in your comments and maybe examples of the same object and your processing tips.
        > > >
        > > > Wayne
        > > >
        > > > Seattle CloudGazer

      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5 8:16 PM
          Thanks! I'm familiar with the area. I'll be on the lookout for an AP-900 and a SV. I camp out north on 802 generally just past the little loop on the end.