Re: Dual Scope Imaging

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 18 8:31 AM
      --- "Bob Runyan" <runrob@...> wrote:
      > f/7.5 120mm ED EON Refractor...
      > f/5 80mm ED Refractor
      > ... should do the color with the ED80

      absolutely!

      The 120mm scope will produce superior resolution and superior object S/N so it is the clear choice for Lum.

      The 80mm is faster, which is useful for taking sky limited filtered exps.

      The key to LRGB is that all the heavy lifting should be done by the Lum. The RGB component is mere pretty-pic coloration that need not be hi-res nor does it need especially high S/N because that data can be smoothed.

      Stan
    • Bob Runyan
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 18 1:42 PM
        Thanks for your insight Stan: It's good to know that my assumptions are on
        the same page as your thinking.

        Bob R.