Re: Performance Pentax 100 SDUF II

  • Stan
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2011
      You might try to contact Danilo Pivato, who is an excellent astro-imager and makes a reference to that scope here:

      http://www.danilopivato.com/introduction/instruments.htm

      The 16" FL is extremely short so it competes with camera lenses (many of which are even faster). Are you wanting to do an all sky survery or something that requires such an ultra-short FL?

      Stan
    • Admilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
        Hi Stan,

        Happy New Year, and thank you for your feedback. I have currently a 12" f/3.3 astrograph used in prime
        focus with a SXVF-M25C. I got now a SXVF-H36 as my entry camera in the NB imaging, and I need a
        flat field refractor to cover the full format CCD. This Pentax should deal with the job, by I read some
        articles reporting spherical aberrations and blue halos around stars that made my decision more
        difficult. In lack of  more facts I will prefer to go with a FSQ.

        Best,
        Admilson