Re: New member

  • mark_manner_spot_obsrv
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 4, 2011
      Hello, your images are very nice, in particular I like NGC 891. Thanks for posting them.
      Mark

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Andrzejewski" <candrzej@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >

      > I'm A French Amateur and started CCd astro few years ago (ST7me , St2000me
      > and now ST10me)
      >
      > I first used a 8" Takahashi Newton (MT200) an now a Newton of 260mm (with
      > Astro optik reducer/MPCC baader)
      >
      > This OTA is working with a German mount MK70 (Knopf) and managed by a
      > classic FS2 system.
      >

      > http://astrosurf.com/candrzej/instruments/instruments.htm
      >

      > My first attempts In CCd imaging were guided by the Ron's New CCS Astronomy
      > book. It helped me a lot to get the roots on understanding the way to get
      > some good images ;))
      >
      > I still need some feedback to improve the quality of my images and could
      > also have some positive inputs based on my experience.
      >

      > Please have a look on the last images done with this equipment. I will post
      > very soon a last one done this week.
      >

      > http://astrosurf.com/candrzej
      >

      > Clear skies
      >

      > Christian Andrzejewski

    • tmay20619
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
        Hi All,

        I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm an amatuer Scope guy, just starting out in the astro photography world, I've had very little experience with scope cameras, just a little bit using my Canon DSLR.

        I use a Meade LX200 12" and an Orion ED 120 for observing, the Meade currently is a fork mount without a wedge, so I plan to start the photo experiment with the Orion, since it is a GEM.

        I live in southern Maryland, and my yard it mostly trees LOL, so I usually go off site to observe. This time of year I can get the northern and western skies at home, since the leaves are down, but other times not much is visible.

        I joined hoping to learn from more experienced users, and to see what techniques other folks employ.

        Terry May
      • stargazer66207
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 8, 2013
          Terry,

          Welcome aboard. I think you will find that this is a very helpful group, and you should glean a lot of knowledge from them. They are very helpful, even to "newbies". Enjoy.

          Ron Abbott
          Land of Oz Observatory
          http://www.astrolandofoz.com

          .
        • mark_manner_spot_obsrv
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 9, 2013
            Hi Mikael, we all have a lot to learn, but your images are very nice. Thanks for sharing the link to your fine website. I hope to visit Sweden this coming year (in July). I have friends with relatives there, and I have wanted to visit for many years.
            Best regards,
            Mark Manner
            www.spotastro.com