Adobe CS2 to CS5

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
      Hi All,
      Is Adobe CS5 the software of choice to use for the processing of images?
      I currently have CS2 for windows, and I'm looking into upgrading to CS5 for Mac (if Adobe lets me). Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
      Phil
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
        You cannot upgrade from Windows to Mac. You will need to buy a new version. The current version is 5.5.

        Also, Adobe limits what versions you can upgrade from. If I recall correctly, to upgrade to CS5, you would need at least CS3 on the same platform (Mac/Windows). They have announced that to qualify to upgrade to CS6, you will have to have CS5 or later.

        Ron Wodaski

        On Nov 30, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Phil wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Is Adobe CS5 the software of choice to use for the processing of images?
        > I currently have CS2 for windows, and I'm looking into upgrading to CS5 for Mac (if Adobe lets me). Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
        > Phil

      • lmbuck2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2011
          hmmm... if i recall correctly (and maybe i don't) when i changed from win to mac platform they allowed me to buy the mac version at the upgrade price ($300?). you can't change platforms from one old version to another old version -- tne new platform has to be the latest version but they did not charge me the 'new' price for that.

          i changed platforms on adobe premier at the same time. for that one i had the latest win version and they only charged me $10 for a mac disk.

          it was all very reasonable, i thought. best to get on the phone with customer support and tell them what you would like to do.

          Lee