NGC 7331, Stephans Quintet & numerous others

  • Jeff Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      I acquired this one several nights ago. While not as breathe taking as some
      of the large Nebula's I've been acquiring at f/2 it is of interest to me on
      trying to push the scope to smaller and dimmer objects at this fl.

      I would like to note that I paid more attention to star color on this one.
      While the star themselves is real data collected I did manipulate the colors
      to try and create a balance of reddish orange, blue and white stars to try
      and make the image more appealing. They in no way represent the stars true
      color. If left unchanged the stars themselves in the image appear almost
      colorless. Adjusting the saturation and/or using "Match Color" did little
      to increase star color so I resorted to "Color Balance".

      Enjoy counting the faint fuzzies. I apologize for not having (yet, I may
      end up upgrading flickr to pro) a way of showing the entire image. This
      would make the counting easier and more fun ;)

      I've included two links. One for the entire FOV and a cropped version with
      NGC 7331 at center at 100%.

      Full Frame

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/army5/6258083745/

      Cropped