IC 5146 - The Cocoon Nebula

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
      Hi,

      I finally got a break in the clouds and was able to nab a couple of
      pictures. The link below shows IC 5146, also known as the Cocoon Nebula. It
      is both a reflection and an emission nebula about 3300 light years away in
      the constellation of Cygnus. You can also see the dark nebula Barnard 168
      which surrounds the nebula and forms a dark trailing cloud extending to the
      west of the nebula (to the right in the picture).

      http://www.azstarman.net/IC5146_CROP.htm

      http://www.azstarman.net/IC5146.htm

      Bernard

    • Neil Fleming
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2011
        Very well done, Bernard!

           ...Neil

        www.flemingastrophotography.com
        Also check out the astro_narrowbandYahoo group!