Re: PixInsight software

  • fahimshariff
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
      Hi All,

      I am fairly new to PI, I only recently acquired it after reviwing a few applications. I had used it briefly before back in its infancy, but only for deconvolution. I own Nebulosity and the author of that himself had done some tutorials on PI. So I decided to give it a go.

      I used Harry's video's, the forums and help files to get through it. I spent an entier weekend just going over it. Running the data through it with several variations, as i leanred more. What I found I liked at the outset was the UI, while it may seem Quirky it was very intutive to me. I think it was because of its Object orianted approach, which was clear from the videos. Each step of the work flow is an application of an instance of a "process", an instance of an object. As such it is very easy to record your entire workflow as a sequence of objects and later retrace the same steps. This greatly also helps in explaning to others and for seeking help. One can simply pass them there instance of the object and say this is what I did. More than anything it is this that sold me on buying the software, while watching the tutorials.

      I think the fact that users are authoring videos is actually a good thing. It represents to me user confidence in PI.

      Regards
      Fahim