RE: [ccd-newastro] Widefield M16-M17 RGB

  • Bernard Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2011
      Michael,

      Excellent images. Thanks for sharing.

      Bernard

      From: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Michael Sherick
      Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:09 AM
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Widefield M16-M17 RGB

      Hello Folks,

      Here is the latest test image taken with my FSQ-U16M combination. The Moon
      was about 3/4 full and about 30 degrees offset from this object, so it might
      be considered a challenge for widefield RGB imaging.

      The exposure sequence was 10 x 600 seconds each RGB unbinned. Here is the
      image result: http://imagingtheheavens.com/?page_id=21

      Clear Skies,
      Mike Sherick

    • Michael Sherick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2011
        Hello Bernard,

        Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you enjoyed the recent images.  It's always fun to get new hardware up and running.  It also been fun to polish my processing skills, which cetainly needs some improvement.  Hopefully, the summer monsoons will allow for some clear night to allow for more imaging.

        Have a great day!